Thursday, November 17, 2011

August 29, 2011 (2)

Hey so I was looking through my pictures (I have so many!) and I found some from Helsinki which I think are pretty cool and I left out of my other Helsinki post. Take a peek!

 One of many trolleys that run through the entangled streets of Helsinki.
 Man from island near Helsinki come to sell his potatoes in the market.
 Uspensky Russian Orthodox Church. Largest Orthodox Church in Western Europe.
 Adorned with thirteen golden cupolas.
 Inside the church. The people are not tourists, the are quests and participants of a traditional Greek wedding. I don't know why it wasn't private but anyone was allowed in. Just told to keep quiet.
 Part of church ceiling.
 Helsinki Evangelical Lutheran Catheral.  
 Built in 1830-52. Church is still in regular use.
 Statue of Alexander II of Russia.
 I'm not sure what you call these people, but they dress up in different costumes and stand out all day waiting for people to put money in their jars and pots.
 Another costume guy. Neat-o!
 This monument represents the old historical and national 19th century epic poem of Elias Lonnrot called The Kalevala.
 Helsinki from the top of one of Helsinki's oldest hotels.
 Looks like something from Harry Potter.

 Speaking of which I still haven't received my "Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" invitation letter. Should I cry now or wait still? Tee-he-he...
 Best seafood soup ever! Just thought I would share.
And the soups' equally as delicious bread accompaniment.

The end! I hope you enjoyed this "Helsinki part 2" section of my blog. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment