Sunday, August 14, 2011

August 14, 2011

Moi everyone!

I have finally begun my exchange. After a whole week at the Karkku Orientation/Language Camp, I have finally made it to my first host family. They picked me up in Karkku and we drove 2 hours to my new hometown, Turku. Once we got here they took me to the oldest restaurant in Turku and we got ice cream. It was delicious! Then we went to the grocery store and picked up some food because they didn't have any after sailing on vacation a week before they got me. ha!

We then drove to the house and I unpacked. It is a beautiful medium sized home on the corner of Kupittaankatu St. My room is very nice and I even have a TV in my room!

After I unpacked Jaana's sister and her husband and two boys (2 and 7) came over and we had a HUGE dinner. It was delicious, Matti is basically a chef. Then we stayed up till around 12 and I went to bed. Now it is Sunday and I have not gone to church, which is strange. I will have to find one around Turku somewhere.

Today we are busy again, but not till 4 when we have a private birthday party at a cafe. It should be fun :) On Monday I will go to my school and get all my classes sorted out and then Matti will teach me how to use the bus, that should be interesting. Alrighty then, I am going to go for a run now so I will post another blog sometime this week. Probably after I start going to school. My host family has wi-fi and they told me I can always use it so lucky me!

Moi Moi!

Love, Karlee

No comments:

Post a Comment